Six Chinese workers were killed, one seriously injured and two Zimbabwean workers were killed in an oxygen cylinder explosion at a Chinese-owned smelting company in Zimbabwe on The evening of October 7, the Chinese Embassy in Zimbabwe said On Wednesday. At present, the company involved has stopped production and is cooperating with the Tianjin police to investigate the cause of the accident.
The Chinese Embassy in Zimbabwe attaches great importance to the handling of relevant cases and solemnly reminds Chinese enterprises in Zimbabwe to enhance their awareness of and level of work safety and conduct thorough investigations on all risks including raw materials to avoid any safety accidents.
Oxygen cylinders are high-pressure vessels for storing and transporting oxygen
Safety management is not in place
1. Oxygen cylinders used must be produced by national designated manufacturers. The new bottles must have a certificate of quality and an inspection certificate issued by the boiler and pressure vessel safety supervision department.
2. Oxygen cylinders must be inspected regularly as required. It is forbidden to fill expired gas cylinders.
3. Oxygen cylinders are forbidden to contact grease. The operator shall not wear greasy overalls, and shall not touch oxygen cylinders and their accessories with hands, oil gloves and oil tools.
* Oxygen can form explosive mixtures with flammable gases such as acetylene, hydrogen and methane, so oxygen cylinders should not be used in the same room as flammable gas cylinders.
* Proper amount of gas should be left at the end of use to avoid mixing with other gases or impurities, resulting in accidents.
* When using the gas cylinder warehouse and the gas cylinder, it should be far away from high temperature, open fire and combustible and explosive materials, etc., generally more than 10 meters apart.
* Gas cylinders must be placed firmly to prevent dumping at any time. They should be fixed with iron chains or strong straps and other tools, placed centrally, or stored in a professional cylinder cabinet to avoid falling down or knocking over other objects.
Gas cylinder storage cabinets are main products for storage of gas cylinders in laboratory. Its function is for protecting the inside gas cylinder from the outside fire ,and the surroundings from the internal fire if any. The entire body of cabinet is made of high quality CRS plates, nice seamless body, good load capacity, easy to assemble and repair, and convenient to transport.
Contact Person: Ms. Jully